Tuesday 27 May 2014

Indeed Labs: Eysilix Total Eye Rescuer



Eye creams have never been a part of my skincare regime. *gasp!*

Not because I have a personal vendetta against them, but mainly because I have never felt the need to use them. I'm still in my early twenties (marginally), and have no lines or wrinkles to speak of. At times I do feel a little bit of dryness around my eye area, but whenever I put my face cream on in my usual slap dash manner, my massage covers that orbital area so fast, it just feels like part of the process. It's one of those 'meh' products. But before you judge me and start pointing fingers- I'll plead my case as being guilty of taking a low-maintenance, man's man approach to eye care. I don't have any grave issues, so why bother? What's even worse I suppose, is that I work in the beauty industry. I should know better. 

*hangs head in shame*

However, in the last few months my attitude changed. Not to a cathartic degree, but more along the lines of I'm-turning-25-I-need-to-do-something. I do have a naughty sleep cycle. I do use a lot of under-eye concealer. I do wear my contacts for far too long. I do tire the hell out of my eyes staring at computers for long hours. The result? Puffiness, dehydration, and dark (semi-)circles. I'm not that bothered with lines because I know it'll come. I smile too much and it's just the law of nature. However, those three evils- all consequences of my actions, have to to be kept at bay moving forward. It's not a good look, and being that I am Asian, tired and puffy just makes my eyes look even smaller. All I wanted was a good, no-BS, detoxifying eye cream to begin with; one that would hydrate and most importantly, help with the puffiness- so I went over to the Indeed Labs shelf at Boots (makers of new cult favourites NanoblurSnoxin and Hydraluron) because I knew how good the products were in both quality and price point (£24.99! #BARGAIN) 

Months later, I've nearly finished my tube of Eysilix: Total Eye Rescuer, I can finally write something concrete! I firmly believe that you have to take the time to use a product before 'reviewing' it as such. So after over five months (give or take, six) of consistent AM and PM use, I must say, I'm very pleased with it. The tube dispenses just the right amount of product, it's not bulky and its easy to store. I don't mind the lack of prestige in the packaging, because the proof is in the pudding- a principle that Indeed Labs builds its brand around. The cream is enriched with 10 peptide-innovation which helps re-energize, detoxify and reduce the puffiness around the eye. It does also help target lines and wrinkles- but because I don't have many, I don't really see the difference. But maybe that's a good thing? The consistency is rich and hydrating but not overly balmy, and it gets absorbed by the skin easily. It doesn't give much slip, but it gives the same luxe feel of an expensive eye cream and you feel your skin nice and tacky to the touch. In fact, because of that consistency I can dab my concealer on right away without running the risk of it creasing after a while.

I have seen a difference since incorporating an eye cream in my regime. My under eye area is kept hydrated and dewy all day, and as a result, my make-up sits better. I don't look as tired even after just four hours of sleep, and the puffiness, though still there, is not as bad as it used to be. EVEN BETTER, it gives a nice jujj under the eye, particularly after a night on the town when you look like you need Jesus to look presentable. I'm aware of what the market has to offer, and though I also want to try a premium eye cream that boasts a whole lot of 'cutting-edge' anti-ageing technology, fortunately, that's not what I need for the time being. Another winner from Indeed Labs!

You can get Eysilix at your nearest Boots store, or HERE.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment