Saturday 25 May 2013

A Touch of Pink Summer


You all know that I'm not as big a fan of the sun and heat as the rest of the world (so it seems!), but whenever summer comes around the bend, I look forward to one thing: flowers! 

I absolutely love having fresh flowers on my dresser, and during the season- be it rain or shine (as dictated by the fickle British climes), it just brightens up the room. The colours, the fragrance- it's just a lovely thing to have. I mean anytime of the year really, and I try and have it as often, but summer is special because I get to have my favourite flowers around. I absolutely ADORE peonies and hydrangeas, and this is their time of the year. I was surprised to find pale pink peonies (favourite!) at blooming point at Waitrose the other day because it's still relatively early and even the florists don't have any stock yet, but I was happy to treat myself nonetheless. Especially since they only bloomed once last year and that was a major bummer! 

Anyhow, From me to you, take a piece of my summer!

Have a fantastic Bank Holiday weekend!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment