Wednesday 22 January 2014

Anthony Logistics for Men: Glycolic Facial Cleanser

Photo courtesy of BeautyBay: I normally take my own but I was camera-less for ages since I bought this. 

I saw this cleanser on Caroline Hirons' blog a while back and thought it sounded pretty good, especially since I have suffered from painful in-grown bumps from shaving a different way a few weeks back. I normally shave with the grain, but I tried to shave against the grain for a closer shave and surprise, surprise, my skin reacted- BADLY. A day or two later, I was nursing red, irritated cysts caused by in-grown hair follicles that obviously irritated my skin. I needed a solution fast, so I went back to this cleanser and did my reading. A miracle wasn't necessary, but a solution and future preventative product was ideal, so I hopped up on Beauty Bay who had an offer going on some of their skincare (including Anthony's) and purchased this Glycolic Cleanser among other things. 

The cleanser is a lovely, silky, non-foaming creme that helps exfoliate and decongest the pores, therefore leaving a better surface for growth of facial hair- especially post-shave. It contains Vitamins A, C, & E that nourishes the skin, as well as aloe vera to soothe and calm after the razor attack. It does say on the website that it was developed for men specifically, but like La Hirons have said- it really doesn't matter. My mom shares this cleanser with me and she likes that it gives her a nice glow after cleansing. Plus, the fact that it is an exfoliating cleanser with 4.9% glycolic acid, my mum has since skipped using granular face scrubs in favour of this. 

Unlike most exfoliating cleansers for normal/combination skin types, Anthony's GFC does not dry out the skin at all, which is really ideal especially when I use it after shaving because I know that my skin isn't completely stripped to an inch of it's life. The creme also has a yummy, citrusy fragrance- almost like chewable Vit.C tablets.  I had since let my beard and 'stache grow considerably to give my skin a good rest, and soon after went back to shaving with the grain. After using this cleanser for about four weeks, I can say that it does work and it had helped save my skin. Not in a miraculous way, but over time and regular use, facial hair growth has gone back to normal and I have not had any angry bumps for the last two weeks. Considering that I shave almost every other day, I'd like to think that those are very good results! 

You can purchase it at Beauty Bay, for £18.90 at 237ml. Pretty much a bargain!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment